Friday, February 4, 2011

Grow where you're planted.

Grow where you're planted. This phrase keeps running through my head, over and over again. Grow where you're planted, Hilary. Trust the universe. Trust yourself. Trust that you are exactly where you are supposed to be at this moment. I can't get the idea out of my mind, so I'm really focusing on growing where I'm planted right now, even if I may end up uprooting myself in a few months and planting myself somewhere else.

Over the past few weeks I've been slowly but surely moving into a new place, and I have to tell you, I'm falling madly in love with this quaint little house. It is beyond adorable and it seems to have about two million windows, so the amount of natural light that pours in is just so beautiful and uplifting. Oh, windows and sunlight, how I love thee!! It's been a long time since I've been able to really spread out and feel that sense of breathing room that comes with having my own space, and it's hard for me to put into words how absolutely amazing it feels.

I'm not even fully moved in yet, but of course I've been cooking up a storm as of late in my new kitchen. I'm having an absolute blast! So far I've made Lebanese tomato rice soup, roasted cauliflower with chamoula sauce, bacon-wrapped tilapia with a lemon-caper-white wine reduction, cheddar stuffed turkey burgers with basil-caper aioli and a wilted spinach salad with caramelized onions. Yum, yum, yum, yum. Every single one of these recipes is a KEEPER. And tomorrow I will wake up early to make challah, because no house is a home until I've befriended some yeast and transformed 5 lbs. of flour into my favorite kind of bread. =)

2 comments:

  1. I want all those recipes--they sound great!

    I would also love some of that challah when it comes out of the oven, but with a baby to watch I won't be able to stop by and pick it up, so maybe you could swing by northern Indiana with some?

    It's been way too long since I've baked bread. Maybe that should be on the agenda for tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete