Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Morning. I have a crick in my neck.

I fell asleep on the couch last night watching Bravo. Gallery Girls, specifically. Which I actually loathe, really, except my disgust with the show is exactly why I can't stop watching it. Rich, anorexic 20somethings judging each other for living in the wrong hip NYC neighborhood and openly explaining that their "daddy" has "a ridiculous amount of money" and set up a trust so that they could "go out, party, and be part of the art world" - which apparently means showing up two hours late, approximately once a week, for an "internship" at a gallery run by someone just like them but 30 years older.

There has been very little ART in Gallery Girls thus far. But a lot of very red lipstick and collar bones.

In any event, I fell asleep on the couch watching this bullshit, and it's a reasonable punishment, I think, that I slept in an odd position on an odd shaped pile of couch pillows and now the right side of my neck hurts to the touch. I woke up at 5am and managed to get to my bed to sleep for a few more hours, but the damage had been done. I have a headache, my brain feels fuzzy and I want a do-over on my day.

But it's only noon, so there is still time to fix my day, right? (MY day? Yes, everyone, I OWN Thursday, August 30, 2012. It is MINE). This latte will be a cure-all. I'm sure of it. I would take a picture of my latte but my phone is in the other room and the latte is almost gone and it seems like a lot of work for a boring photo.

Also, I didn't blog yesterday like I said I would. Oops.

-fin-


No comments:

Post a Comment