Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 2 - aiming true

I have to admit that the preparation and work it takes to maintain a clean diet is INTENSE. I feel like I spent most of my time today in the kitchen cooking or washing dishes, or in the grocery store, or in the car getting from my kitchen to the grocery store and back again. The good news is that I have two prep-free days ahead - Rhian and I are embarking on two days of the BluePrint Cleanse. But that's also the bad news, because I'm really not sure I can possibly manage living on juice alone for two days - especially the first day - we're doing the Inspiration Cleanse which is five green juices and one cashew milk drink. On Thursday we're trying the Invigoration Cleanse which includes a coffee drink right off the bat, and has a beet juice and two lemon based juices. I'm looking forward to both days, although truth be told, I'm not giving up my three shots of espresso either day, or a glass or two of red wine at the end of the day, unless I feel really inspired for some reason to do so. Honestly, I am a big advocate of SUSTAINABLE, do-able changes, and after all of these years going up and down the scale, even while maintaining a relatively vigorous asana practice, I just know that when I go to far one direction, I tend to bounce over the other way. So with THAT said, if I need some quinoa and vegetables at the end of the day, in addition to six juices, I'm not going to go to into starvation mode. We'll just see. I am INCREDIBLY excited, though - I have wanted to do the BluePrint cleanse for FOREVER. I almost can't believe I finally have these juices in my possession!

So here is how today went.

I got 8 hours of sleep. Check.
I oil-pulled with coconut oil. Bonus check!
I had lemon and lime water and said hello to the sun. Check.
I drank more than enough water. Check.
I walked 30 minutes in the park. Check. GORGEOUS day.
I meditated for 10 minutes, and will mediate for 10 more minutes before bed.
I ate on point:
12:30pm-juice (beet, apple, carrot, ginger, lemon, beet greens) and a smoothie (parsley, beet greens, orange, grapes, lime, ginger, cayenne pepper, coconut water, flaxseed oil). Espresso.
5:15pm-spoonful of almond butter
8pm-salad (spinach and spring mix) with avocado and carrot/ginger dressing.
8:30pm-Easy Creamy Quinoa from Kathryn Budig's new book, Aim True, with sautéed kale, cabbage, and asparagus. Red wine.
11:30pm-apple with sunbutter
I had a shot of ACV and turmeric and crunched a few black peppercorns after dinner.
I took my probiotics. BAM.

So tomorrow it's juice and juice and juice (and juice and juice and...more juice) - two classes, two important meetings, and a massive to-do list. Given how clean and nourishing I've eaten the past two days, and the walking I've added in the past three days, I feel relatively prepared for a day of juice. Time will tell.

Namaste.





No comments:

Post a Comment