Friday, April 8, 2016

Days 3 and 4 and onto 5.

Oh, man. I wish I could write up the past two days and say that I stuck with all of my intentions and do another checklist of being awesome, and yet at the same time, I hope that my #realityyogi experience helps someone out there wanting to chuck it all because they fucked up. I don't believe in fucking up, anyway - I think it's all about balance and staying present moment by moment to what is happening -- I didn't fuck up, per se, but I did adjust based on what was going on in my life.

On Wednesday I followed the Blue Print Inspiration Cleanse through juice #4. And then I met the family for sushi, which was my niece Lily's choice because she had her sedated MRI the next day, and - I'll own up to it - I had beer and sushi. My sister and I talked and decided that it would make more sense to do day #2 of the cleanse on Friday seeing as we would traveling two hours round trip and be stuck most of the day waiting at the hospital for Lily on Thursday, so yesterday I started the day with lemon water and juice #5 from the Inspiration Cleanse, had a turkey-bacon breakfast sandwich and a non-fat cappuccino from Starbucks for breakfast, a big salad from the hospital cafeteria salad bar for lunch, and a steak, salad, and baked potato for dinner. It was a long, stressful day, and I can honestly say it was the right adjustment to make; I can't fathom being on a juice cleanse under the kind of emotional and physical stress that Lily's MRI days involve. And all told, it wasn't an awful day in terms of food, and I did stay hydrated.

So today, Friday, we're back at it. I'm following the Blue Print Invigoration Cleanse, and so far (I'm two juices in) it feels like a walk in the freakin' park compared to the Invigoration Cleanse. Which is not surprising; even the Blue Print folks point out that the Inspiration Cleanse, with its five green juices, is no joke and not for beginners. I was just attracted to all of those green juices and excited about watercress and dandelion (two things I certainly can't get where I live.) I would love to be able to incorporate those juices into my normal diet, but even the Breville juicer, which is supposed to be one of the best, doesn't do a great job with greens.

In any event, the coffee, cashew, cinnamon, and vanilla drink that I started out with this morning was absolutely decadent, honestly. The apple, lemon, cayenne, and ginger I just had was phenomenal. I was feeling hungry before I drank it, and I actually feel surprisingly satisfied now.

So today, day 5, my plan is to be super clean - no booze, no food, just this juice. Part of me wishes I could have a do-over on the Inspiration Cleanse because I really only lasted 12 hours/4 juices, but at least I can give this one a fair shot. I have a busy day at the studio - three classes, two privates, and a to-do list a mile long, but I'm going to have a massage after I close up here, and then take it really easy tonight. I haven't though through tomorrow yet, which I need to do at some point; Saturday is actually my busiest day at the studio and I need to stay fueled. I'll probably pack a green smoothie, some sardines, and see what vegetables I have on hand. I'll take Sunday off to get organized for the whole foods cleanse Kathryn Budig has in her new book, Aim True.

Namaste, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment