Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Girl Who Cried Yoga

I'm not even apologizing for falling flat on my face in terms of blogging every day. I have spent the past three days SO SICK. Ridiculously so. Perhaps it was the culmination of a week of nausea followed by a week of a head cold, but WOW. Trust me, you don't want to know any details regarding the past few days. Gross.

But the good news is, I'm feeling a little bit better! I'm actually out of bed! I ate some saltines and chicken soup! I kept it down! Go me!!

I also just did a 30 minute pranayama practice followed by a 15 minute yin practice, both from yogaglo. And I'm now more convinced than ever that there is a yoga practice for every occasion. A few days stuck in bed left my hips feeling really tight, and this hip-opening yin practice was EXACTLY what I needed. Because I've been SO sick, and had (have) no intention of changing out of my pajamas or putting my contacts in, I chose basic level 1 classes. Even on very depleted energy these both felt amazing. I've been teaching yoga so much more often than being taught that I had almost forgotten how WONDERFUL it is to be the student. I'll also give a thumbs-up to yogaglo - I just signed up for their free trial, and I'm really impressed with what they are doing. If you live in a rural area without access to a solid yoga studio or a teacher you connect with, this could be the answer.

Jai Bhagwan!

No comments:

Post a Comment