Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh no! I missed a day.

Of course I have an excuse.

I got a nasty little virus (or maybe it's technically a malware program or something like that) a on my computer yesterday afternoon.... from a yoga website!! I didn't even click anything or download anything or do ANYTHING but go to this website. How do I know I got it from said website? Because the same thing happened a week ago when I bought a yoga mat from this place. The yucky, icky, awful thing fronts as something called Action Antivirus, and it is a BITCH. The first time it happened, one of the recommended programs for fixing it was able to do so quickly. But this time, the same program that found and fixed it the first time isn't finding it, nor are the two other recommended prgrams. Ugh. So my computer is going to the doctor today. Boo hoo.

It's scary, though. Perhaps naively, I thought you had to actually CLICK on something to get a virus. I have McAfee and I'm really careful blah blah blah. But it turns out that even a legitimate website can get hacked by these meanies and just visiting can give the virus the split-second it needs to start infiltrating the computer. I mean, isn't that just AWESOME? (Awesome is one of my favorite words to use sarcastically, by the way.) As if there isn't enough to worry about all of the time.

I have a headache, a million things to do, and nothing specific to write about, so I'll cut this short. But just to make it worth your time, here is my current favorite breakfast:

2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread, toasted
1 oz. cream cheese (I use that 1/3 less fat cream cheese - I like it better then regular cream cheese.)
some sliced deli-ham (I dunno how much. However much you like on a sandwich.)

Microwave the ham for 30 to 45 seconds. Spread the cream cheese on the toasted bread. Top with the warm ham and the second piece of bread. Eat it. Drink a latte. Have a few raspberries on the side. It's yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment