Friday, December 17, 2010

Only 6% of rapists ever serve time. Ever.

I used to think Keith Olbermann was one of the good guys, and that Michael Moore was pretty sound in his thinking, for as dramatic as he might be. And maybe Keith is a good guy, and maybe Michael is pretty sound, but I think they both royally fucked up this week. I could repeat what has already been said over and over and over about this issue, or you could just read this, and then read this.

I'm serious. Please click and read. I'll wait.
.
.
.
.

All over the big, wide world of internets this week, I've seen people say, suggest or insinuate - in regards to this case - that continuing to penetrate a woman once she has withdrawn consent for any reason and/or having sex with a sleeping woman do not constitute rape. Let's be clear. Whether Assange committed these acts or not, YES, they DO constitute RAPE.

Sex without consent is rape. Get it? (I can't believe we still have to spell this out, especially to people who claim to be progressive like Moore and Olbermann. It is repugnant.)

Instead of getting all pissed off and angry about this situation (again) I'm heading over to RAINN to make a donation. You're welcome to join me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment