Saturday, January 28, 2012

Aim True - Day 15

Friday, January 27, 2012

Yoga to Change Your Perspective with Kathryn Budig
Vinyasa Flow
Level 2
Kathryn Budig


Shift your attitude and perspective along with your hamstrings and hip flexors. We explore the potential for growth, length, space and change in our minds and lower bodies leading up to Uttitha Hasta Padangustasana (Standing Hand to Big Toe) and Vashistasana II (Side Plank II).

Yep - it's going on the favorites list! This was a really great practice for me today. In fact, I feel like I'm starting to have some serious Yogalations (you know, yoga inspired revelations) so maybe any practice would have made it to the favorites list. I'll have to watch out for that.

I've modified my approach to my Aim True challenge just a wee bit. I'm still going chronologically through the classes, but I've decided I'm going to also go by level, so I'll complete all of the level 2s before moving onto the 2/3s and 3s. It's a little bit of a change for me; usually I just take any Kathryn class and modify it on my own, which in a lot of the 2/3s and 3s means mostly ignoring the handstand kick-ups during the flow and skipping the INSANE arm balances and inversions, instead practicing dolphin. But I'm trying to do a better job of honoring my body and getting stronger and not just letting my practice plateau, and I think sticking with classes that really challenge me where I am actually makes it harder - in a GOOD way.

My Yogalation for today was more of a question. Kripalu Yoga is the inquiry of optimal living. Am I living optimally? It's scary to think about. But how can I approach the answer to this from a place of non-judgmental, compassionate self-awareness?

I need to get back to Kripalu for my 500-hr training. I'm feeling the call. I have to make it happen. =)

In other news, I want these Hot Booties. Has anyone seen this late-night TV product? They are slippers that you microwave! Those would go GREAT with my Snuggie... if it ever actually feels like winter here in Kentucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment