Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Aim True - Day Three

Today's class.

Neutral Pelvis Pro Flow
Vinyasa Flow
Level 2
Kathryn Budig


Learn to twist and move like a neutral pelvis pro! Flow focusing on neutral standing poses and deep awareness of the pelvis and hips. Sequence builds up to revolved triangle and camel with a soothing cool down.

This class was originally posted on YogaGlo on March 23, 2010, and I originally took it on July 28, 2011. I'm going to start keeping track:
  • 3 of 83 classes completed for this project.
  • 2 of 3 of the completed classes I had taken at least once before.

I had a really bad day yesterday. Outside of my practice and teaching a class, the rest of my day was pretty awful. The worst moment of my day was almost sitcom-worthy humiliating and horrifying, but something I dare not blog about publicly. Suffice to say that it was a pretty low moment, but in that moment I was also doing four other things and could not react or respond to the one thing that was shocking and hurtful. I had no choice but to retain my composure and NOT drop everything and cry/scream/make an angry phone call/write an angry email/etc. This little mocking yoga-teacher voice in my head was berating me for not being able to "breathe through" it, too. Thanks, mocking yoga-teacher voice. My yoga teacher, Priti, used to talk a lot about the "Itty Bitty Shitty Committee" that lives in your head and offers a constant negative monologue about you. My IBSC was having a very loud meeting yesterday, for sure.

All of this to say that my practice this morning was not so great. Physically, I felt pretty much the same as yesterday in terms of being warm cement, so I guess the positive is that I've apparently moved past the way I felt on day one, which was rock hard cement. But this weird pain in the backside of my upper right leg/right buttock is really frustrating during the downdog-plank-chaturanga-updog-downdog transition, which is, I dunno, pretty much ubiquitous during any vinyasa flow practice, right? Right. Mentally and emotionally I just kept revisiting the upsetting thing that happened yesterday, and had to keep trying to refocus on actually practicing yoga. Ugh.

But I got through it, and that's what matters. Day three is in the books. My hope is that I'm burning through some stuff and I'll see the results down the road. I guess you have to have these bad days at the beginning to get to the good stuff. It will be a good reminder as to why I should find more balance in my life and not let myself get this out of practice ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment