Friday, January 13, 2012

Reality Yogi: More Evening Yoga

In the spirit of my recent confession of having a reality TV habit, along with a reality yoga practice during said TV, I'm offering another sequence I love to do at night with or without bad TV in the background:
inner peace meditation
  • SUKASANA for one to two minutes, gently deepening the breath
  • FORWARD FOLD in SUKASANA for five deep breaths.
  • fingers interlaced, gaze gently up, heart forward mini-backbend for five deep breaths.
  • SIDE STRETCH in SUKASANA five breaths each side.
  • TWIST in SUKASANA five breaths each side.
  • DOUBLE PIGEON with forward fold five full breaths each side.
  • SUPPORTED CHEST OPENER on blocks: bottom block at medium height at the base of the shoulders, top block at medium height under head, shoulders relaxed: 3-5 minutes.
  • SUKASANA / meditation for as long as you like.
Sometimes I really like ending with a restorative backbend like that - I feel like I spend a LOT of time in forward folds, just in real life - in my day to day activities. The verrrrry gentle, supported backbend just releases SO much of that forward folding, shoulder-rounding TENSION of the day. Ahhhhhh.....

Breathe deep, sleep easy...

Love,
The Reality Yogi

photo credit: stress-relief

No comments:

Post a Comment